Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

48 Hour Challenge Update - 1:30 PM (Karen)


Wow! What a great kick-off to the 48 Hour Challenge -- had breakfast with 7 other Columbus bloggers -- Stella, Abby, Karen S., Katie, Franki, Mary Lee, Bill, and then me. Great breakfast and had fun meeting Stella (My World - Mi Mundo).

Then, we headed to Cover to Cover and the real fun began! Sally Oddi, the owner of CTC, graciously allowed us to look through gallies of both new, and soon to be released books. We were like kids in a candy store; we couldn't look at things fast enough. As we were combing through the piles, the visiting author, Sarah Prineas, came back to see what was going on. We eventually moved back into the main part of the bookstore and got to hear Sarah speak about her new fantasy book, The Magic Thief (part of at least a trilogy, and possibly more). Then, we browsed some more on our own. Many pictures were taken, and I promise I'll post them later this afternoon.

Now, I'm home on my comfy couch, hanging out inside since it's too hot and humid to be out on my beloved screen porch. As soon as I finish this entry, I'm beginning my reading.

Books on my pile:

Dark of the Moon by John Sanford (I'm starting with an adult book)
Smiles to Go by Jerry Spinelli
The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas
4 Kids in 5E & 1 Crazy Year by Virginia Frances Schwartz
The Bronze Pen by Zilpha Keatley Snyder
Along Came Spider by James Preller
Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson

So, with that said, I'm off to read! I'll check in once in a while, and let you know general comments about what I've finished, but my blog reviews will come after the 48 Hour Challenge. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know how great it was meeting you all today. What a fun saturday! Stay in touch please. Looking forward to see you all more!

    ReplyDelete