Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Slice of Life - Blessings


I find myself reflecting on blessings this evening. I just returned from a double baby shower with people I used to spend a lot of time with and it was truly wonderful.

I am blessed that I had an opportunity to work with such smart people for two years of my life. I grew so much professionally at that time.

I am blessed that I still spend time with some of them even though we are now all in different positions.

I am blessed that the colleagues I don't see as often were able to make it tonight. It was a feeling of coming together that felt so right.

I am blessed that in this group of friends, we all have different strengths that make us better as a collective whole.

I am blessed with the gift of laughter, gossip, and merriment when I am with these people.

And last, but not least, I am blessed that one of the colleagues has a friend that bakes an excellent cake!

1 comment:

  1. Your ending made me smil. Thankful lists seem to be a theme today -- The Reading Zone & Miss Moyer each posted one too. Did you see them?
    Happy writing, Ruth

    ReplyDelete