Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Slice of Life - Spring Break Begins


Spring break actually began after school yesterday afternoon about 3:45 PM, but since I still had errands to do, lesson plans to prepare, laundry to wash, and no packing had even begun, I didn't think of spring break starting until this morning.

This morning, I woke at 6:00 AM excited to shower, put my last personal stuff in a bag, and get on the road to Hilton Head. Before I jumped in the shower, I looked out the window, and much to my surprise, could see a thick layer of ice covered with 2 - 3 inches of snow everywhere. I had my flip-flops out to wear because that's what I do when I'm headed to a warmer climate; I dress the way I plan to be dressed when I get there. Thus, flip-flops were going to be part of my attire. I guess some "rules" are meant to be broken though, because even with the fantastic pedicure I just received and my toenails looking ever so lovely, I just couldn't put on flip-flops.

What a difference 525 miles can make! The entire day, we drove through rain and sleet, with the temperature never rising above 32 degrees. It was that way in Ohio, in West Virginia, and through Virginia as we traveled down Interstate 77. Then, as we drove into North Carolina, our outside thermometer started to move upward. By the time we stopped for the evening in Columbia, South Carolina, it had reached 67 degrees.

Needless to say, I am now currently in my flip-flops as I write this and when we hit the road tomorrow to finish the last few hours to Hilton Head, I will be dressed for the warmer climate again. So excited to be on spring break, warmer weather and all!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, girl! We drove through the same "stuff" and are staying just down the road in beautiful Orangeburg! We are heading into Charleston in the morning before we hit HH in the afternoon. See you at the Piggly Wiggly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Siesta Key in my flip flops as we speak! Have a wonderful vacation, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break. I hope it stays warm enough for flip-flops!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it to warmer weather and I bet your toes look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete