Pages

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Busy September!


I told my blogging partner Karen that I hadn't posted in a while, just wasn't inspired and didn't feel like I had much to say. As I look back on the first month of school, however, I realize how busy and frantic it has been, that may have had something to do with my lack of inspiration.

In the first month of school, Super Aide Yvonne moved every book in the non-fiction and fiction sections of our library. They installed an Epson Brightlink system and we had to make room for the board. Oh yeah, I've been trying to figure out this new system which I think I really like!

I reviewed and purchased nearly 60 new titles for the library. We then had to catalog and process them for library use.

I chose and read 6 new books in THE PIT;
Those Darn Squirrels and the Cat Next Door by Adam Rubin
SkippyJon Jones: Class Action by Judith Schachner
The Book that Zack Wrote by Ethan Long
You Will Be My Friend by Peter Brown
I'm a Shark by Bob Shea
The Greedy Sparrow by Lucine Kasbarian

I have been working on updating the Amazing Library Race using QR codes hidden in books for clues. I've run into a bit of snag in that I can't find a reader that works consistently on the desktop computers in the library. I'm working on getting some iPods with cameras but if anybody knows of a good QR reader for Mac desktops, please let me know.

In addition to all of these things I've been teaching the early library skill units, keeping up with things at home and this week book fair gets delivered and set up.

WHEW! I think I need to sit down with a stack of good books and watch the Buckeyes play football!

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I have nominated you for 2 awards Blogs on Fire and The Versatile Blogger Award. You can go to my blog and copy/paste the awards and then nominate 10 of your own. Don't forget to tell us 7 things about you!
    Happy Blogging!
    Tammy
    www.klingercafe.com

    ReplyDelete